The DOT requires all individuals operating a vehicle that needs a CDL to be enrolled in a random selection Drug and Alcohol Testing program, called a Consortium. 49 CFR Part 382
This applies to:
- Vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) or Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) of 26,001+ pounds
- Vehicles with the capacity to transport at least 16 passengers
- Vehicles transporting hazardous materials and require placarding
- One-time enrollment fee of $90 per USDOT Number
- $150 per driver per year. This covers ALL testing fees for 12 months. No matter how many times your driver is selected for a test, you’ll never pay out of pocket.
- Supervisory Training program offered FREE with any drug testing enrollment